There are mainly three types of Fleas in America before: The dog flea, the cat flea, and the bird flea.
Often, fleas are with Bed bugs (Latin name: Cimex lectularius ) confused, but they are two different species.
Fleas are common in houses and apartments where pets (e.g. cats or dogs) are kept or kept in the past. Even if you don’t have a pet, you could have a flea problem – because the previous tenants were cat or dog owners. But other animals, especially hairy animals, also bring in fleas, for example, rabbits, foxes, rats and mice.
Fleas can transmit diseases. However, this is rarely the case in America. The main nuisance for humans and pets is the itching caused by flea bites, similar to bed bugs. Humans are often also infested in the case of severe infestation or the absence of their host animals. By the way: did you know? Fleas can jump up to 150 times their size. It is the equivalent of a person jumping about 300 meters high.
On this page, you will find detailed information on the following topics:
- How do I recognize a flea infestation?
- AAT Termite & Pest Control flea control
- Fighting Fleas for Business
- Differentiation between flea and mite species
- How to treat flea bites
- How can you prevent fleas?
If you need help getting rid of fleas, call AAA Termite & Pest Control at +330 723-2515 today.
Recognize flea infestation
Avoid flea infestation
The following applies to fleas: act quickly!
The host animal treatment of dogs or cats is done by yourself, with products for self-application or by the veterinarian. At the same time, the pet’s whereabouts must be specially cleaned.
AAA Termites and Pest Controlentokil offer safe, effective measures for your home or business to get rid of the infestation completely.
To control the larvae in the floor area, baseboards and floor joints are treated with approved pesticides. Since the larvae do not feed on the blood, all rooms must be included in the treatment.
Fleas jumping around are to be treated with appropriately safe preparations using the spray and microwave method, depending on the use of the rooms.
How can I spot fleas?
There are many types of fleas; however, most are 2 to 3 mm long and red or brown in colour.
Adult fleas use their stinging apparatus to pierce the skin of mammals or birds to feed on their blood, but flea larvae feed on organic matter in carpets or beds. Hence, good hygiene can slow down their life cycle.
Flea cocoons can remain inactive for two years and can be awakened by vibrations. It is widespread for a flea infestation to lie dormant in an empty house but awakened by the arrival of new residents.
You can find more information on how to identify a flea infestation here.
Fight fleas with AAA Termites and Pest Controltokil
To get rid of fleas, you need to treat both your property and animals as soon as you spot fleas. AAA Termites and Pest Control offer effective and safe anti-flea treatments for your company Home or your company. If you call AAA Termites and Pest Control quickly because you are worried about your flea problem and you want to resolve it quickly, you can be sure that we will offer you a complete, safe and long-term solution. After all, you don’t want to go with one again; flea infestation will be faced.
The effectiveness of our flea control measures is based on three main criteria:
- Skilled technicians who know the different types of fleas and the problems they pose.
- Discreet and individually tailored solutions and procedures so that your flea problem is solved without disrupting your daily routine.
For fast, effective and customized treatment, call AAA Termite & Pest Control on +330 723-2515 to make an appointment.
AAA Termite & Pest Control – the five steps of a flea control
- Your local AAA Termite & Pest Control expert will make an appointment with you for a thorough and in-depth inspection of your premises.
- He will recommend treatment depending on the extent of the infestation and make a detailed estimate of the necessary treatment measures, including a cost estimate.
- Once you’ve approved the price, your pest specialist will set the dates and times for a technician to solve your problem. Multiple visits may be required depending on the recommended treatment.
- During the first visit and before the start of the measures, the technician explains the treatment and how it works.
- Our service technician implements all measures according to the agreed plan.
Fleas in the company?
Identify flea bites
Recognize flea/mite species
Treatment of flea bites
You can recognize a flea bite by a small dark spot surrounded by a red area, but the swelling is less pronounced than other insect bites. A single flea often stings the same place two or three times to look for blood.
We often feel the flea bite right away, but it doesn’t hurt. It is the irritation resulting from the body’s reaction that causes discomfort. Further information can be found on our website about biting insects, where you can also read more about treating insect bites.
Children are more likely to be bitten by fleas, especially when they are playing on the floor. They also tend to be more sensitive to flea bites than adults.
Some people develop an allergy after taking multiple flea bites. This allergy manifests itself in a rash or eczema. If necessary, seek advice from a pharmacist or doctor. Fleas are painful to humans, but pets are often more affected by flea bites.
Protecting pets against flea bites
Even the best grooming cannot eliminate the risk to your dog or cat of developing fleas.
If your pet has fleas, they will scratch or bite the fleas on their fur more often. A flea comb and regular grooming are sometimes sufficient to prevent flea infestation, but your veterinarian will likely advise you to take proactive steps to keep your pet safe from fleas. Contact your veterinarian if you notice any signs of irritation, such as reddening of the skin or thin spots on your pet’s fur.
If you have pets, it is essential to prevent fleas from settling in carpets and pet baskets.
Here are our top 5 tips on how to prevent fleas:
- Vacuum your pets’ carpets and sleeping areas regularly to get rid of fleas and their larvae—the higher the suction power, the more thorough the cleaning. Carefully empty or throw away the vacuum cleaner bag, as the fleas and larvae will not die in it.
- Knock out rugs and dog and cat beds outdoors to shake off fleas and flea larvae.
- Wash dog and cat beds weekly at least 60 ° C.
- Be careful when moving beds or rugs around your living space. Flea larvae and eggs can thus be transferred to other rooms.
- If possible, place dog and cat beds on tile or wooden floors.
Individual fleas can also be treated by spraying the affected areas with insecticide or a flea spray.
Our pest experts based all over America know the way of life and habits of different types of fleas and therefore offer targeted treatments to eliminate all fleas effectively.
If you need additional information or would like to make an appointment with one of our experts, call us free of charge at +330 723-2515 or contact us online via this contact form. AAA Termite & Pest Control will put an end to your flea problems quickly.