Fly control for businesses
The risk of contamination of food or sensitive raw materials and goods by flying insects is enormous and has been investigated for many years. Through saliva and excrement, flies and other flying insects transmit Salmonella, E. Coli bacteria, Klebsiella, Campylobacter and many other dangerous microorganisms. A single housefly can transmit up to 2 million bacteria.
Because of the legal provisions on food hygiene and HACCP, professional fly control is an absolute must for most companies. They are particularly efficient in food-related areas such as kitchens, production areas, retail, canteens, restaurants, and industries with high audit and hygiene standards such as the pharmaceutical and technology sectors or the paper and packaging industry UV (LED) fly traps in demand for combating flies.
First signs of fly infestation
- Visible specimens of flies
- Faeces (small, dark clusters of pinhead-sized spots)
- Maggots, i.e. fly in the larval stage (white, tapering, approx. 12 mm in size).
- Abandoned doll covers (usually dark red)
- Spread of pathogens.
- Contamination and contamination of food.
- Loss of image.
- Harassment of people, pets and farm animals.
- Wrong impression – customers and employees suspect poor hygiene standards.
- A risk to your health – and your reputation.
- Costs – necessary disposal of contaminated products, regulatory procedures by health authorities, loss of customers.
- Removal of breeding opportunities and food sources as a prerequisite for long-term, efficient control.
- Determination of the fly species.
- Professional fly repellants to secure your property.
- Use a Luminos UV fly trap or Lumnia UV-LED fly trap with patented adhesive film technology and efficient catch quotas for professional fly control.
- AAA Termite & Pest Control service agreements to ensure that normal infestation controls are carried out by qualified pest controllers.
For further information or to arrange an appointment with one of our competent technical advisors, please give us a call: Tel.+330 723-2515.
There are well over 1,000 different types of flies. The most important types of flies for companies are houseflies, blowflies, fruit flies (vinegar flies) and butterfly mosquitoes:
- Typical house flies: House flies are about 5 to 8 mm in size. The females lay their eggs in groups of 120 to 150 in rotten food or faeces. These develop into maggots/larvae. Houseflies are attracted to open food and organic waste or compost.
- Blowflies: Blowflies are giant flies with a size of approx. 12 mm. They have a conspicuous colour. This has a metallic sheen, e.g. matt blue. The head is always dark and has reddish eyes. Blowflies develop in meat substrates from carrion to leftover food or faeces.
- Fruit flies (vinegar flies): Fruit flies are tiny flies with a size of approx. 3 mm. They are yellow-brown or speckled in colour and have red eyes. Fruit flies like to breed in fermenting material, e.g. fruit and vegetable residues. The brood can also be found in residues from pubs and breweries and sewer pipes or cleaning utensils.
- Butterfly mosquitoes: Butterfly mosquitoes grow to about 2 mm in size. The brown body of butterfly mosquitoes often appears greyish. The body and wings of butterfly mosquitoes are very hairy. When resting, the wings are held over the body like a tent, which is reminiscent of a butterfly. Butterfly mosquitoes are often found in sewers. She feeds her larvae with moist organic material. Butterfly mosquitoes are not very good fliers. The wind mainly carries them.
Professional fly repellant
Self-help products (flycatchers, adhesive strips) do not help against flies in a business environment. Professional fly repellant solutions are required here. In addition to the use of an optimal UV flytrap, this also includes securing your property with suitable fly screens and feeding bait in areas where the use of a flytrap is not possible or desired. In addition, potential breeding opportunities must be identified and removed.
Our pest control experts advise you competently and to the point. In this way, you receive a tailor-made, holistic fly repellent solution for your company. For further information or to arrange an appointment with one of our competent technical advisors, please give us a call: Tel. +330 723-2515.
UV (LED) fly trap: Maximum catch quota
Our electric UV fly traps Luminos are available in several versions and for every purpose. From the inexpensive “Luminos 1” flytrap to “Luminos 3”, the ideal flytrap for areas close to the public, to our high-performance electric flytrap “Luminos 4”, which meets high industrial requirements.
Or you can opt for our new Lumnia UV-LED fly traps, which are equipped with UV-LED lamp technology patented by Rentokil and convince with a high catch rate with drastically reduced energy consumption (up to 75%).
Rentokil Lumnia: the latest generation of LED fly traps
Rentokil offers you an on-call service that deals with solutions against flies and other pest problems in your company. It is discreet, fast, effective and guarantees you, your company and your employees the most significant possible protection and security against pests.