Responsible curators and restorers in churches, museums, galleries and theatres, and entrepreneurs in the textile trade and owners of unique antique items know the dangers of various material pests. Museum of carpet beetles, clothes moths, dust lice and woodworms target organic objects made of textiles, wood, paper or leather.
The result: This often leads to destruction and thus the irretrievable loss of valuable cultural objects, antiques, sculptures, carpets, costumes, antiquarian books, etc., which could have been prevented with timely intervention.
- Damage to materials of historical value.
- Damage to clothing, carpets and upholstered furniture.
- Contamination of food and textiles.
- Loss of textiles, food and other goods.
- Damage to reputation, customer trust and sales.
- Unrecoverable damage to historical fabrics, tapestries, natural history collections, etc.