Nobody wants a flea infestation. The best way to prevent this from happening is to take a few simple precautions. Pets are the primary source of fleas. If you share your living space with pets, it is essential to avoid a flea infestation.
Our top 6 tips for avoiding fleas :
- Vacuum your pets’ carpets and sleeping areas regularly to get rid of fleas and their larvae—the higher the suction power, the more thorough the cleaning. Carefully empty or throw away the vacuum cleaner bag, as the fleas and larvae will not die in it.
- Knock out rugs and dog and cat beds outdoors to shake off fleas and flea larvae.
- If possible, wash dog and cat beds weekly at 60 ° C.
- Be careful when moving beds or rugs around your living space. Flea larvae and eggs can thus be transferred to other rooms.
- If possible, place dog and cat beds on tile or wooden floors.
- Examine your pet and the surrounding area for live and dead fleas.
- What if there is already a flea infestation?
We recommend here what you can do if you already have a flea infestation:
Flea control for private customers | Flea control for business customers
AAA Termites and Pest Control offer you a mobile emergency service that specializes in flea control. Our experts are fast, effective and guarantee you, your family and your pets a professional solution to the problem. For further information or to arrange a visit with one of our competent technical advisors, please give us a call: Tel. +330 723-2515.